Een tijdje terug las ik de grappige feelgood roman Droomvakantie van Sarah Morgenthaler, het tweede deel Droomman verschijnt in maart en ga ik ook lezen en recenseren .
Ik mocht Sarah Morgenthaler wat vragen stellen over het boek voor mijn blog.
Your book, The tourist attraction, made me smile a lot and I enjoyed reading it, I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series.
I hope you have time for an interview on my Dutch bookblog https://ConniesBoekenblog.nl
Here are the questions in case you want to do the interview.
• The Tourist attraction is the first part of a series, can you describe the series using only 5 keywords?
Sweet fun Alaskan armchair vacations
• If the book were to be adapted to a movie, who would you like to play Graham and Zoey?
Graham has a lot in common with Luke from Gilmore Girls, so I’d love an actor who is similar to a young Luke. I think Anna Kendrick would make a great Zoey.
Some short questions, for the readers to get to know you a little bit better:
• Tea or coffee?
Unsweetened iced tea is my favorite drink!
• Is there an author that you want to meet?
There are so many! I’d especially love to meet Nora Roberts.
• Cat or dog?
I love all animals, but dogs are my favorite.
• What are your favorite books?
I read in a lot of different genres, but my favorites are romance, sci-fi/fantasy, and non-fiction adventure stories.
• Paper books or ebooks?
Definitely paper books. As a writer, I end up staring at computer screens all day, which is hard on my eyes.
• What is your favorite movie based on a book?
The Lord of The Rings movies based on the books by Tolkien.
• Chocolate or ice creams?
• What’s your favorite season?
• Bookmark or folding the pages?
Actually, I don’t do either. I usually remember what chapter I stopped reading at.
• What is your favorite childhood book?
There are so many to choose from! I especially loved The Dark Is Rising series by Susan Cooper
• What are you currently reading?
The Girl With Stars In Her Eyes by Xio Axelrod. It is SO good!
• Which character, besides Graham or Zoey, did you enjoy writing about? And are there characters in the books that are based on real people?
I had so much fun writing the moose Ulysses and also Jake the dog. Those two were my favorites! Ulysses is similar in personality to a horse I used to have, and Jake was the name of a family member’s border collie.
• Did you intend from the start to write a series?
I knew that my publisher would want at least three books in Moose Springs, so I tried to write strong, engaging side characters who could hold their own stories in a series.
• Why did you choose a small town in Alaska as a setting for the books in this series?
I was on a research trip to Anchorage for a different book I was working on. A friend and I went on some tourist activities in small towns, and I was hooked on the setting of small-town Alaska!
• Are you already writing/planning a new book? And if so can you tell something about that.
I’m currently working on the fourth book in the Moose Springs, Alaska series. It’s an enemies-to-lovers romcom about one of Graham’s best friends, helicopter pilot Ashtyn Lockett.
• Did you have a complete plan before writing the book / series and was everything thought out before you started to write? Or did the story developed itself while writing?
I only plan out a couple key points that will happen in a book, and sometimes I don’t even plan that far in advance. It’s more fun for me to not know what I’m going to type when I sit down at the keyboard.
• How do you come up with the hilarious events in the book, and the funny habits of the characters in the books?
I try to take from real life experiences that I thought were amusing, and then I expand on those if possible. Also, if I’m smiling or giggling as I write the scene, I know it’s on the right track.
Thank you for the interview.
Thank you for interviewing me! These were great questions! 🙂